Elgin Mining's core strategy is as follows:
- Continue with and improve best practices in the areas of safety, health and environment and corporate social responsibility programs;
- Continue to focus on in-pit grade and underground control at Bjorkdal;
- Complete underground transition to owner operated mining at Bjorkdal;
- Continue work on new mine plan at Bjorkdal to expand overall production;
- Conserve cash and strengthen balance sheet; and
- Seek other growth opportunities.
The Company believes that it will provide significant value to its shareholders by focusing on the above objectives. The Company will also continue to evaluate potential acquisitions as part of its strategy for accretive growth. The Company is backed by a strong board of directors and an experienced management team with a track record of developing, financing, building and operating mines globally.